Vlastimila Pecha , Brno 627 00
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Worldwide Electronics Obsolescence and Component Management team (OCM) is a group of experienced professionals providing unique service across the global Materials and Structural Analysis Division. OCM operates within the Engineering Data Management group (EDM) and in close connection with global Product Life Cycle Management department to deliver execution excellence in the area of electronics portfolio administration, component and systems lifecycle management and strategy planning. Our mission is to cooperate with R&D and PLM departments to strategically predict situation of global electronic parts portfolio and its impact on company products in development, production or service support phases of their life. We secure sufficient and appropriate pool of parts and resolve issues originating from limited or no market availability of a component.
The OCM Component Manager (CM) shall collaborates closely with the Engineering, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Research and Development (R&D) teams, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing, Quality and Global Technical Services (GTS) departments within Thermo Fisher on fulfilling two main functions: electronics component management and electronics obsolescence management.
Component Management function deals with ensuring sufficient and appropriate pool of parts for design, production and service activities. Obsolescence management supports resolution of the issues arising from limited or no market availability of a component.
CM shall work in compliance with electrical components requirements, processes and business objectives and follow overall component policy. Main objectives of the policy are:
- Keep size of the component’s database manageable
- Removing component duplicates in new CT designs
- Block new duplicates to enter the component database
- Check a quality of the new components
- Set preferred manufacturer and components with long term availability
- Role of Component Managers (OCM) is to govern entrance or change of electrical components in EDA Component Database.
This CM position is specifically advertised for new Thermo Fisher Materials and Structural Analysis Division Surface Analysis (SA) and Bulk Elemental Analysis (BEA) portfolios. Your assignment will be to monitor current state of electronics component base for SA & BEA X-Ray analytical systems produced within Spectroscopy Operations organization and set up, maintain and manage sustainable electronics pool.
- Working in compliance with legislation and IMS (required for all).
- Cooperating with WW EDM Manager, Brno EDM/OCM Leader, Senior Component Managers and Product Life Cycle Managers on setting up and updating component management and obsolescence resolution processes, systems, tools and overall way of working.
- Managing electronics component bases within SA and BEA business workstreams.
- Justifying and assessing incoming new component requests (NCRs) and data change requests (DCRs).
- Decision making on electronic parts availability and obsolescence issues.
- Managing OCM process Work In Progress (WIP), cycle time and other targets for his/her specific system.
- Facilitating and eventual leading and/or executing cross-functional projects from inception to completion.
- Developing close relationships with Manufacturing, Logistics, Sourcing, NPI Engineering, GTS, PLM, Quality and R&D to adequately resolve technical conflicts.
- Acting as an advisor to peers and project resources to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Ensure that activities are carried out according to the principle of “Customer focus in all that we do”.
- Eligibility to obtain a certification for electric devices, Co. 50/78 (Vyhláška 50, §) §5
- Electrical engineering background, ideally master of science degree in electrical, electronic, communication or control technology.
- Deep knowledge of electronic parts either passive or active, including resistors, capacitors, transistors or integrated circuits and orientation at global market.
- Combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- Vocational technical level with multiple years of experience or bachelor degree with several years of experience in any technical discipline.
- Suitable candidates are able to work in a very structured and process driven environment.
- Ability to coordinate and lead small project teams in product and process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of cross-functional, multi-cultural groups and sites without damaging relationships.
- Working knowledge of cross-site and cross-functional project management, data analysis and resource allocation.
- Must demonstrate ability to create technical documentation and engineering reports using common Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise analysis of data, systematic problem solving and basic experimental methods, test protocols and procedures that include multiple factors.
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required.
- English (at least intermediate level) and local language (verbal and in writing).
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Vlastimila Pecha , Brno 627 00