Software is the future of electron microscopy and spectroscopy. It allows for the precision control of complex hardware, for processing images, or for analyzing the structure, composition, or shape of samples.
Our software solutions open up electron microscopy to a much wider range of users. Thanks to advanced automation and machine learning methods, our devices are easier to operate while producing even better results.
Software engineers in this company directly participate in developing state-of-the-art devices worth millions of dollars. They consult the results of their work with physicists, opticians, electronic engineers, and application specialists. They aren’t spending the whole day just encoding. They often have to control devices, which is later put to good use when testing how the code functions in practice.
- Navigating a sample with an accuracy in the order of nanometers
- Regulation algorithms in a vacuum subsystem
- Automated calibration (~500 degrees of freedom)
- Image processing, 3D image reconstruction, pattern recognition + application of neural networks and machine learning
- Fully automated running of applications focusing on maximum robustness and efficiency of data acquisition
- Real-time monitoring and calculation of electron trajectories
How we develop software
Vacancies in the software development
Want to know more about working at Thermo Fisher Scientific? Not sure whether it’s really your thing? Do you need to fill in some details? Come to one of our Open Hours! During an Open Hour you can visit us and meet colleagues from Software Development. No strings attached. Just call our recruiter and make an appointment. We’ll be glad to meet you!